Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 1: No, I won't post my "before"-bikini-pictures ;-)

Whoohoo, I survived day 1! And I am feeling pretty good but also exhausted… I got up at 5.20 am this morning to get ready for day 1 of Basic Training – honestly, I was quite afraid, because usually day 1 of each session is dedicated to a fitness-assessment-test…but not today, I was lucky! Most clients didn’t really like that test so they now offer them on demand but not by default. Thanks!! We met at 6 am, Monday is ususally the day which is dedicated to running. We ran quite a bit. We started heading out towards the warming hut where we did some pull-ups and then kept on running to the Golden Gate Bridge. I don’t mind running in general, I guess the problem is that my pace is a lot slower than the pace from the rest of the group (I think they were at least 20-30% faster than me…), so I was quite exhausted afterwards since I tried to keep up with them (but clearly couldn’t). Luckily, there was another girl sharing my problem, so I didn’t feel all that bad…I definitely got my muscles worked this morning! I think we ran a total of 4 miles. And of course, I ran into my "old" bootcamp, right on the first day. I feel a little bit guilty.

At work, I was incredibly proud of myself for resisting free pastries that we got offered during a meeting in the morning (they looked soooo good though…). As far as my plan for “having breakfast every day” is concerned, that didn’t work out too well and needs to be improved tomorrow. Even though I bought whole grain toast and oven-roasted chicken breast (yes, I know...but I prefer savory stuff in the morning), I didn’t have the time to eat it. Of course I had my daily fix of coffee but it only came with an energy bar. Oh well, I was really in a rush. But I managed to drink 1.5l of water and a cup of tea – hurray!! That really wasn’t easy for me (I guess I usually drink 0.7l of water a day at the most…) and the worst part about it was that I had to go to the bathroom probably every 30 min… I am clearly not used to drinking that much. Oh, and I had my home-made thai soup for lunch today - it was horrible! Luckily, I also brought some fruit so I had enough to eat and didn't feel hungry.

After work, I went to a Bar method class; I wonder if any of the women working out there are able to smile outside of the class room (because clearly they don’t look very friendly during class. Or before class. Or after class). But it doesn’t really matter because the instructor is great and I got a good workout. I am tired now!! I wanted a good start for my challenge, I ate healthy (I had no chocolate today! I can't even remember the last day I had no chocolate or some kind of candy...but to be honest, I would probably kill for some M&M's right now…), drank a lot of water and got a good workout in. A good day!

Some of you asked me if I would post my current weight and before/after pictures...Claiming that this would encourage you to read my blog...Sure...! I am crazy, but I am not THAT crazy! I don't think I am ready to post my bikini-pictures (but yes, I took some "before"-pictures), but I will keep you updated on my progress :) One day down 41 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment