Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 11: Bootcamp and Bar method

Today was a really exhausting day. I went to bootcamp this morning, the group was huge! We were 22 people. Honestly, one instructor wasn’t enough for such a large group but who was supposed to know that we would be so many people. But I guess you have to design the exercises differently if you have to work with so many people compared to groups of 8-10. Anyway, we were a large group but I certainly got my butt kicked! We ran quite a lot considering it was Thursday and not really the “running-day”, I think we ran a total of 3 miles. In between, we did a million lunges (at least it felt like a million), wall jumps, upper body work with the resistance bands again, crunches and many more exercises. Again, I was in pain and it felt really hard for me to do, but I like to be challenged and pushed beyond my comfort zone, it was a really good workout. They made us partner up today, everybody had to run with a buddy. I felt quite sorry for Lisa who was my running buddy because she is much faster than I am…But I tried to push myself and for a change, I didn’t come in last but left 4 people behind me :) Ok, rank 18 out of 22 isn’t exactly brilliant, but I have hope that I will get better eventually. It started pouring at 7 am when the class was over…that was lucky! My legs were slightly sore all day but I felt so good about myself once the workout was over. It is addicting! I went to another bar method class tonight. Don't even ask how much my muscles were shaking during the exercises since my legs were already tired before the class started...but I always feel very relaxed and calm after a bar method class in the evening. I had a small portion of low-fat chili con carne with brown rice for dinner (to load up carbohydrates and protein to fuel well for tomorrow's workout) but now I am really done for the day and need some rest…

11 days down, 31 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment