Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 15: Memorial Day

I woke up at 7.30 am this morning and went for a run crossing the Golden Gate Bridge to the Vista Point and back. Altogether, I ran 7 miles, it was a good run. I just wish I would be better at hills, especially as I know it’s just a mental block. I met a creepy runner on the bridge today, I got really annoyed. A guy caught up with me, so far so good, happens a lot. But usually they just pass. But instead of passing me, he kept running super close behind me, I really didn’t like it. Eventually, he then passed me, stepped right in front of me and slowed down significantly so that I had to pass him again in order to keep my pace. This scenario repeated 3 times, I got really angry. I thought I either have to punch him in his face or take a short “walk break” in order to get some distance in between us... So of course I didn’t punch him (I should have!) and started walking until he was farther away – he turned his head to look for me and slowed down again! I just couldn’t believe it. The weird thing is also that this “runner” didn’t even wear running shoes, just regular shoes and also regular pants. It freaked me out! But also I wanted to continue my run, so the only way for me to get away from this guy was to speed it up. Really sad that I need an annoying guy in order to run faster, but it worked! So when I passed him I swore that this would be the last time and I took off. It was quite hard but it worked and I had it in me. I didn’t stop at the water fountain even though I was really thirsty but I was too afraid that the guy might catch up and follow me…Crazy! But anyway, I made it and had a faster run than ususally. I finished my run with 4 short but really fast sprints, I was surprised about myself how fast I can actually run. It was fun.

I had another bar method class with Julia one hour after my run, that wasn’t the best idea. I usually don’t sweat in the bar method but today I did. May be my body was still exhausted from the run…I talked to the instructor Julia after the class, she is always very encouraging and said that she thinks that she is seeing a change in my body already…that was really nice (especially since I didn't ask for a feedback). I am not sure if I can expect to see much after 2 weeks but my abs feel pretty strong at the moment :) And I also have to mention that there were somre really nice women in the class today - they talked, they smiled and they didn't all were Lululemon outfits ...yes, they do exist! I mean I really like Lululemon and I have a couple of things from that store, too, but it is very noticeable that this seems to be "the brand to wear" when you go to the Bar method in the Marina. Anyway, in my opinion any other shirt is just as fine (and you don't run the risk that there is another person wearing "your" lululemon"-shirt...).

I needed a nap in the afternoon, I was really tired. It feels so good to sleep an hour in the afternoon…

Major goals for this week:

- Focus on breakfast again, I didn’t do a good job last week
- No carbohydrates after 4 pm
- Push through bootcamp with a positive attitude
- Log my foods on caloriecount.com


15 days down, 27 to go! I am looking forward to Basic Training tomorrow morning, I will definitely give my best and push myself as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment