Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting ready for week 1!

Now I am officially 31 years old!!! After a great birthday with LOTS of food and many drinks, I am trying to get in the right mindset for my challenge today. “Day 0” – the challenge starts tomorrow! I am really excited about it but also quite nervous… I went for a 6 mile trail run today – I love San Francisco’s coastal trail down to Baker’s Beach, it is one of my favorite runs. I broke in my new trail-running shoes, they don’t feel quite comfortable yet… I hope it will get better with more runs. Also, I went to a Bar method class this afternoon – oh boy! It was a lot of fun and it is a really hard workout, I don’t think I ever had my muscles trembling that much from exhaustion. Pretty impressive! It involves a lot of stretching, too, so it might be a good addition to the bootcamp and the running. “Basic Training” starts tomorrow morning 6 am, I am praying for a miracle and hope that I won’t be too sore to begin with…

Also, I went to the grocery store and bought a lot of fresh fruits, vegetables and high-fiber bars. I cooked a pot of the thai soup tom ka gai with lots of fresh vegetables, low-fat coconut milk and cod fish. It tastes healthy but also quite delicious; I hope I will feel the same way about it tomorrow when I’ll have it for lunch.

Tonight I will take measures of my body so that I will be able to document my progress during the next 6 weeks. I will also control and note my weight starting tomorrow morning (hey there is NO chance that I would step on the scale after dinner…). I put all the remaining German chocolates in the very back of my closet to have them out of sight. I should probably just give them away, that would be a safer way to deal with it… I feel ready!

So as for week 1, I have a couple of things I would like to focus on:

- Drink at least 1.5 l of water every day
- Have a healthy breakfast every morning (coffee alone doesn't count...!)
- Reduce my daily sugar intake


I guess together with bootcamp 3 times/week and bar method 3 times/week, that’s already a good plan. We’ll see how it goes… Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! You will have to push me through the bootcamp classes, Lisa! I'll be there on Monday!

    ReplyDelete