Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 6: A nice run across the bridge

I felt much better again this morning, the cold is under control. Sunshine coming through my window woke me up this morning at 7.45 am...there was no way to not go for a run! Saturday usually is the day where I am trying to get a "long" run in (which is app. 7 miles at the moment...). I definitely have to increase my mileage from week to week now. But after the cold, I decided to take it easy and just see how it goes. Sometimes, a run feels like torture but today I enjoyed every minute of it. I ran along Crissy Field, crossed the Golden Gate Bridge and ran down the Coastal Trail for a mile or two. Altogether, I logged 8 miles, not bad at all. It was at a slow pace and also I walked some of the hills on the trail but considering I have been sick the last 2 days, I felt really good about my run. I had some high-fiber cereal after my run, a whole grain bagel with roasted chicken breast and avocado for lunch, a peach and some strawberries as a snack and one serving of whole grain pasta with pesto and sundried tomatoes. Sounds like a lot of food but somehow I am still hungry. I was hungry all day, I guess it's a sign that I am healthy again :)

Already 6 days down, 36 days to go. Not sure if my body has changed yet but I am definitely feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment