Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 3: Getting a cold

Wednesday is a “bootcamp free” day. I woke up at 5.45 am (feels almost like sleeping in…) and drove to the gym. I haven’t been in the gym for a long time, and ever since I started running and outdoor-training I really have a hard time going back to the gym. But I actually enjoyed it this morning. Initially, I wanted to run to the Ferry Building (one of my Wednesday's favourite runs), but then I decided to give my body a little break since my cold is getting more serious, unfortunately. Also, I have been working out quite a lot for the last 3 days. So I have been on the crosstrainer for 30 minutes with a low/moderate intensity followed by 15 minutes of free weights, that was it.

Probably because of my cold, I really craved tea this morning (which usually never happens…), so I had no coffee and I have to say that I felt much better throughout the day. That makes me really sad because I can’t imagine a life without coffee. May be I shouldn’t make it a daily habit. It’s only day 3 in my challenge but I am getting used to drinking a lot of water, that’s good. I went to another Bar Method class tonight, it was great. I guess I should have just stayed at home and get some rest, but I really enjoy going there. And since I won’t be able to afford more classes after the “special offer for new clients” is over, I have to make use of it now. Somehow I have the impression that the Bar Method is a lot about routine, I almost feel like the instructors use the same phrases, intonations and words…I mean it’s great because after a couple of classes, you almost know what will happen next (which can be good or bad), I wonder if my posture will be good enough after a month that I could may be get the DVD and do the workout at home…would safe me a ton of money! We’ll see, but as of now, I really enjoy going to the class. I hope I feel better tomorrow, I am not sure how I could push through a Basic Training workout with a serious cold and a running nose…Argh, I really don’t want to get sick…but I can feel it coming :(

3 days down, 39 to go! And I'd like to point out that eating healthy is a lot easier than I remembered…

No comments:

Post a Comment