Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 20: Registered for the SF Half Marathon!

Set the alarm for 7 am this morning but kept hitting the "snooze"-button for 40 minutes...jumped in my running gear and headed towards Crissy Field for my "long" Saturday-run. Today wasn't that much about distance - I wanted to run at a good pace and the main goal for today was to run all hills, no walking! Getting closer to the Golden Gate Bridge I got a little scared when seeing the hill...I didn't run this hill for the last 10 months, I usually walk it. But I know I can do it physically, it's just a block in my head and I need to make an effort to push myself beyond the comfort zone. So I did it!!!!!! I sweat quite a bit by the time I got on the bridge, but I was sooo proud of myself. I crossed the bridge, turned around at the vista point, back to Crissy Field and then back home - a total of 9 miles, hooray!!! It took me 1h 31 min, so it comes down to 10min/mile, that's acceptable for now. Inspired by my run, I then signed up for the San Francisco Half marathon which takes place end of July. What's another 4.1 miles..? And it is a good training to get ready for the marathon in October. So far, I finished one half marathon in 2:23h (that was 2009) and funny enough, the clock showed 2:23 h at mile 13.1 during my full marathon (in October 2009), so I hope to run faster - may be an ambitious a 2:10 h - this year...! I will work out hard to do it, I know it won't be easy.

Coming back home I took a shower and got ready for another bar method class... it is hard after a long run but it feels pretty good to stretch a lot after the run. If I keep doing the bar method as frequently and if I manage to stop eating sweets I will have "killer abs" by the end of this year..It's amazing how much the bar method workout targets the lower and upper abs! Now I am really exhausted but it was a great workout today! Eating a salad with chicken for lunch now and sipping a cafe latte before I will head to the Union Street festival. Now it's PARTY TIME :))

20 days down, 22 days to go!! Whooohooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment