Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 29: Running in a parking garage :)

I went to bed last night at 8 pm – that’s crazy! I was so tired from the sailing and I had a sunburn that knocked me out. As a consequence, I woke up at 2.15 am this morning wondering what to do…luckily I managed to fall asleep again after a while.

Monday = Basic Training running day! After last week’s hard run in the Presidio I was curious to see what we will do today. After the warm up, Jenn, Michael and the group ran to Chestnut street where we stopped at a 3-story parking garage…We ran up to the top where we were told to walk back down the stairs to do sprints to the upper deck (running on the car’s track in circles to the top, not the stairs..) that would be timed. Fun! We were told to run the first one with 80% of your maximum power, the second one 90% and the last one 100%...It took me 34 seconds for my first run, 32 sec for the second and 31 sec for the last sprint. We did the three runs back to back, it was exhausting…but it is easy to push yourself if you know it’s only 35 seconds and if you are sprinting with a team :) We then worked out the arms, chest and abs before Jenn announced that we had to do the timed running again…This time it took me 34 sec, 33 sec and 34 sec for the third run…it felt harder the second time. We did more exercises for the triceps and the lower abs before we had to do a final sprint – this time it wasn’t timed anymore and luckily, it was no set of three. It was fun, I never worked out in a parking garage. Mixing it up really makes it so much more fun because it is never boring. Plus, it shows you that no matter where you are, you can ALWAYS get a good workout in!

I went to another bar method class tonight. It wasn’t my best class because I had a headache. Some exercises felt like a hammer in my head, but at the end, I felt better then before the class. So it’s all good :). I guess I am asking my body for a lot these days, I am working out every day and most of the times I even work out twice…After my 6 week challenge, I definitely want to reduce my workout a little but I certainly won’t stop Basic Training and my bar method workout (may be just do a little less…).

I stepped on the scale this morning to get the “4-week-weight”. One month into this challenge, I already dropped 6 pounds! The best thing about it is that I am not depriving myself of any foods, I feel fit and full of energy. Of course, I am more careful with my choices and I try to eat more fruit and vegetables, but also, I eat a cookie or a cupcake every now and then or eat out when I am with friends. I hope my “6-week-challenge” will turn into a real lifestyle-change, I feel really good.

29 days down, 13 days left, so excited to start week 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment