Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 25: A great workout, a cookie and Sushi


Slept 7.5 h tonight, that felt really good! Woke up and noticed that my ankle still hurts, but usually I feel the most pain right after getting out of bed, so I decided to go to bootcamp. I told Michael and Sandra -who happened to be the instructors today- about my ankle so it was all good. Luckily, we didn’t do too much running because I could tell during the warm up lap that it’s not the best thing to do right now… We ran to the little lighthouse near the Marina yacht harbor. We started off with a good amount of burpees and mountain climbers followed by agility training. We did shuffle runs, jumps (not so great for my ankle), suicide sprints and then a loooong series of walking lunges – regular lunges, diagonal lunges, lunges with a lifting leg, lunges with side twists and pulsing lunges…ouch. We did a variety of different squats and a modified version of pull ups (which technically was more like rowing but still a great exercise for the chest and arms). We did medball-throws and more exercises using the medicine ball for the upper body and arms followed by a couple of really exhausting abs-exercises. I feel like all areas of my body were targeted this morning :) Finally, we ran back to the parking lot, we had to carry the medicine balls with us. Too bad that mine was 10 pounds heavy…It is really so much harder to run with 10 extra pounds – by then, I had zero pain in my ankle because everything else hurt more compared to my foot….I sometimes wonder if running would be so much easier with 10 pounds less on my body.

I think we got a great workout in and Sandra is really nice, funny but also challenging. So far, I have worked out with Michael, Jenn, Sandra, Charles and Eli – they all have a different style and very different personalities, but no matter who is doing the class, it is always fun and challenging. You guys rock! Looking forward to tomorrow’s workout!
I ate a huge chocolate-chip walnut cookie today, i made them last night and of course I had to try one. The recipe said it makes a dozen so I made a dozen - but each cookie is now almost a quarter pound...I gave the other cookies away so that I won't eat them. Of course I didn't have to eat the whole thing but I never manage to just eat a piece of cookie...especially when they are good! The cookie filled me up all afternoon. But it was worth it. When it came to dinner, we had to decide whether to go for pizza or sushi...luckily, it turned out to be Sushi! I might squeeze in a "fruit-day" tomorrow....

25 days down, only 17 to go…scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment