Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 27: Training for the half marathon

Saturday morning = running time! I love love love my Saturday morning runs. Today I had no specific goal other then running a longer distance then last week and of course, "no walking" on hills ;-) I decided to run to the Golden Gate Bridge again in order to get my mind set for the race and train on the actual route that I'll have to run in a couple of weeks. I ran to Crissy field, ran up to the bridge, crossed and turned around at the Vista Point to run back to Fort Point and from there to Crissy Field and Fort Mason to finally run back home. Overall I ran 11.5 miles in 1:55h, that means I am still on a 2:20h course for the race...I hope that I'll be able to shed a couple of minutes off from this time over the next 6 weeks! But overall, I am happy with my run, it was quite windy, very hot and sunny (even though I started running at 7 am...) and I know that physically, I can do the 13.1 miles at this point.

I had 1.5h rest after my run and then went to another Bar method class. I haven't been there since Wednesday, I really missed it. It's not easy after a long run but it feels good - there are only two exercises that really kill me after running a longer distance...Now it's 1 pm and I have all the workout in for the day, feeling good :) For the next 30 minutes, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the US team to beat England and then I'll go outdoors and enjoy the beautiful weather!

27 days down, 15 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment