Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 31: Sugar junkie taking a resting day

Today is officially my resting day!!! It's funny, I got so used to my daily exercise that I really miss it when I am not working out. But I had no problem giving my body a rest today and I feel ready for a challenging bootcamp workout tomorrow morning, I am looking forward to it. To make this rest a good rest, I shared a pizza and a glass of wine with a friend sitting in the sunshine on a patio near the Embarcadero for dinner. Good times and well deserved, I am fully relaxed and recharged now :)

Every afternoon between 2.30 pm and 4 pm, I have terrible sugar cravings. Today it was even worse. I don't know why and I don't know how to get rid of it. I try to eat enough complex carbohydrates and lean protein for breakfast and lunch (but I try to avoid fat and sugar). I am never hungry in the afternoon, but every day my brain is asking for sweets. I feel like a junky. I get nervous and think about sugar. The only thing that prevents me from buying a cookie or M&Ms is my strong determination to finish this challenge or alternatively, a huge amount of work. But sometimes, I have to give in these cravings as well. If anyone has some advice, please let me know. May be I should talk to a nutritionist? I try to eat more fiber and more protein, I always have fruit at my desk (but that doesn't satisfy my sugar cravings). I also avoid artificial sweeteners for a couple of weeks now but that also doesn't help. Sometimes a tablespoon of peanut butter seems to help - may be I need to eat more fat..??? Weird, I think I need an expert's opinion on that!

31 days down, 11 days to go! It was good to take a break today and be out for dinner and drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment