Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 40: Right arm lifting with many repeats :)


This morning I went to the Bar method because I had no bootcamp classes left. As much as I love the Bar method, I really prefer doing Bar method in the evening and have bootcamp in the morning. But still it was a good workout.

Today was the last day of the current Basic Training session! It passed so fast, I am almost a little bit sad. But the next session will start in 10 days. Basic Training organized a “happy hour get together” at “Tonic/Russian Hill” tonight – I had such a blast! It was so much fun to see the fellow bootcampers in a different setting. People (including me) look quite different at 6 am in the morning during a workout compared to when they are having drinks at 6 pm... Jenn, Michael, Charles and Sandra were there as well. It was great seeing them outside of the class and to talk to everyone on a more personal level. All the people I have talked to tonight have such an interesting story to tell. Basic Training was just a 6-week-session but tonight it felt like I know these people for a long time. It was the perfect finish for this session and I honestly can’t wait for the next one to start.

The 6-week challenge is almost over – I’ll be rafting this weekend, so there won’t be any more updates for day 41 and 42. But I’ll definitely close this blog with a summary next Monday (and I still need to test if the dress finally fits…). I might give you some before/after information next week as well. Next week will be a recovery week with many bar method classes and I’ll focus more on a healthy nutrition.

As I have learned tonight, my bootcamp instructors read my blog… I guess it is a little bit weird when you read about yourself and your class online…All of you have a different style to make us sweat and bring us back in shape. You all do an amazing job, and even though I never worked out so close to my limit, I never enjoyed working out as much as I did during the last 6 weeks. Many of my friends in Germany ask me why I love San Francisco so much (especially since I was so sure to be back in Europe after 2 years and especially since I always thought America “really wouldn’t be my thing”..) – I think it is mostly the people and friends that you spend your time with that determine your happiness. It’s your best friend, your co-worker that cares, a friendly neighbor, a muni-driver giving you a free bus ticket or people you meet at bootcamp. They’ll cheer for you even if you are racing against them. It is so much more than just a workout. And I also feel like it is so much more than just a job for all the instructors. I’ll stop my little praise here, because after all I want to come back to the next session without being too embarrassed when seeing everyone again (who would have thought that you guys read this…). But I hope it is also nice for you to get a positive feedback and a “thank you” - it is easy to see in all my posts how much I enjoyed the last 6 weeks. I hope there’ll be many more Basic Training sessions to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment