Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 34: My favourite Saturday


If you are one of the few people who have read my blog from day 1 on, you probably know what I did today - right, I went for my long Saturday morning run! Strangely, my ankle hurt more again this morning, it felt somewhat stiff the first couple of minutes, but it got better as I continued my run. Ususally, I try to run a different route from week to week but with the half marathon coming up, I have been running the Golden Gate Bridge the last couple of weeks...I started my run at 7 am this morning and I was surprised how windy it was! I love running with a little bit of wind but today it was a little bit too much wind... Passing Crissy Field approaching the Bridge I thought I am barely moving...but coming back was a breeze, I felt like the wind was pushing me all the way :) Fair enough! So I ran to the Bridge again, crossed it, turned around at the Vista Point, continued my run to Fort Mason, passed Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 and turned around at the Ferry Building. Quite a long run - almost 12 miles. As of now, I am still on a 2:20 h -2:25 h course for my half marathon, I really hope that I'll be a little faster in the race... But at least I lost all my fear from the hills in the Marina, I run them now all the time and I feel fine - I might have to run Clement Street the remaining weeks, this will be hard...
Got home, showered and got ready for another Bar method class. My legs felt really stiff and tired after the long run, the stretching was a blessing, not so much the thigh- and seat workout...My abs hurt quite a bit today, it seems like they actually work as well when I run. Good to know ;-) I'll take it easy for the rest of the day - no work, just relaxing. I am in the mood to cook a nice dinner. I'll have to go to work tomorrow and work on my presentation, so for the rest of the day, it's just "me"-time.
34 days down, only 8 days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment