Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 35: A sunny Sunday and a lot of work

I got up early today because I had a lot of work to do but still wanted to squeeze in my workout. I went to Julia's bar method class in the morning, I did well and felt great. On my way home I got a latte, changed my clothes and drove to work for a couple of hours. On my way to work I decided that I deserve a little Sunday treat, so I stopped at "Kara's cupcakes" and got a "key lime pie" cupcake - it was amazing! I worked a couple of hours and stopped at the Lyon Street stairs again on my way home. I ran into my old bootcamp instructor, she was giving a private lesson. She was so happy to see me and gave me a big hug and said "Hey Sue, where have you been, we miss you!". Unfortunately, I am the worst liar you can imagine, so I told her the truth which is that I am working out with Basic Training now. All she said was "Oh". I felt really sorry because I do like her a lot. But she is just not the best coach for me and there is no use lying because sooner or later I will run into her anyway with the new group. And in the end, I have to choose what's best for me and especially if I pay $20 for each class, I want to be in the class that benefits me the most, and that's with Basic Training. But I do feel a little sorry because after all, I started my "bootcamp enthusiasm" with her and I wouldn't be where I am right now if I wouldn't have met her (but to be fair, I also paid a lot of money for it..).

When I came to the stairs, there was a paramedic watching the people. I was wondering whether he's there to re-animate people that get a heat stroke or something when running the stairs in the sun...When I started my workout he smiled at me and I smiled back saying "I might need your help in half an hour!" and he said laughing "That's what I am here for!". I ran the stairs a couple of times and sprinted the hill 3 times as well and always when I finished a run he gave me "thumbs up". It was funny, I guess it was quite entertaining for him. I worked out an hour, doing exercises for the arms and abs in between my runs and sprints, it was fun.

The last week of this challenge starts tomorrow! Next week will be very stressful for me at work so my only goal is to get through it... but I will try to finish strong and make it a good week!

35 days down, 7 days to go! I had so much fun during the last 5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment