Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 30: A workout at the beach

Michael and Charles were the instructors for bootcamp this morning. When we dropped our car keys Michael said

“Hey Sue, how are you feeling today?”
“Good. Fit. Ready to go!”
“Are you feeling REALLY good this morning?”

(that’s when I started thinking I should probably pretend that I am not feeling well...)

Yeah, why….? Well may be not…or may be it will change soon…???”
With a big smile on his face he said

“It’s week 5 - it’s the hardest!” -
“Oh, can I please have my keys back, because I forgot that…”
“Nope, you are in.” :)

Hehe. No escape! What better way to reward my 1 month of my fitness-challenge then with a nice workout at the beach?? We split up in 2 groups again and did an “indian run” down to Crissy Field Beach. We did many exercises for the arms/upper body (many push ups!!) and for the abs (planks in all variations), a couple of sprints, mountain climbers and dog sleds, it was a beautiful morning. I personally hate running in the sand, but it makes running on a trail or concrete so much easier. Even though I showered after the workout, I still have sand in my ears, in my car, in my shoes – everywhere. The good news though is that I will survive ;-)

We haven’t been going to Divisadero or the Lyon Street stairs for quite a while and when I saw Charles this morning I was sure that we were due….I don’t know why I fear the stair so much, probably because running hills is the hardest exercise for me. Well, we’ll see what Thursday will bring…

Canceled my bar method class for tonight, just wasn’t in the mood for it. Probably because I went there Saturday, Sunday and Monday… ;-) . As the weather was beautiful when I left work, I decided to stop at the Lyon Street stairs on my way back home to work on my fear from the stairs. I only worked out for half an hour, but it was a good efficient workout. I ran the stairs a couple of times, sprinted to the top of a couple of hills, and I did a some push ups, crunches and stretches. It was really beautiful out there. Many people were working out at the stairs, and I also ran into Michael and Charles – they tried to convince me to join their 6.30 pm Basic Training class... As much as I like them, there is no way that I could do two Basic Training workouts in one day. They probably think I am a little nuts that I work out twice a day anyways. The truth is that they are right. Technically, tomorrow should be my resting day and I know that it really should not work out – I am running the risk to over train. But then it is my only day (besides Saturday) when I can go for a longer run. Hmm, I will decide tomorrow morning. Friday could be my resting day as well ;-)

30 days down, 12 days to go. I am a little worried because I am getting addicted to my workouts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment