Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 21: A very "special" workout....

So this Sunday started like the last 2 Sundays: with a Bar method class at 8.15 am with Julia. I feel like my posture is slowly getting better but also, I am now sweating more, you would think I should get used to it by now...but it is really exhausting, I guess it is always as challenging as you make it. I bought a cafe latte afterwards and strolled over to Fort Mason where the new Marina Farmer's Market is taking place now every Sunday. A nice way to start a Sunday!

I met up with three of my friends this afternoon for a pretty unique workout...we recently purchased a coupon for a 2h-pole-dance introductory class. Oh boy - whose idea was that??? I mean I am always up to try something new, but this class was so much more sexual then I expected. I thought we learn some hot moves on the pole but most of the class was really to gain confidence in your body (which involved a lot of touching every possible part of your body including "your special gift" as the instructor called it...). Ha! When we finally got to dance at the pole, the instructor looked very graceful and sexy but I felt more like a rock bumping down a pole. No grace. Seriously. My "sexy" hip-swinging walk (that we practiced quite a bit) resembled a stork. Overall, it didn't feel like a workout at all, I felt silly but nonetheless, I had fun hanging out with the girls. I conclude that by definition of today's class, I am VERY far away to unleash the "erotic Sue" in me - sorry guys! May be pole dancing just isn't my thing. Seems like the class though can boost some people's ego to a degree that they wear things they certainly shouldn't when other people are around.... Never mind. What a mean comment. I am glad if the class is good for other people!

Wow, 3 weeks are over. I can't believe it. I think I start seeing changes in my thighs and may be my upper arms. May be. Last week, I gave in too many food temptations, mostly caused by serious food cravings because I skipped breakfast - that's really stupid! So for next week, I would like to focus more on breakfast again and make healthier choices. As far as my workouts are concerned, I am very happy with my performance. Next week I'll be at Basic Training Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and I'll try to fit in as many Bar method classes as possible. But I also have to be careful to not go overboard, I neglected some of my friends lately with all the workout-crazyness - so this week I'll try to be a little bit more "social" in the evenings :)

21 days down, 21 days to go. I am so excited to start the second part of this journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment