Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 32: Another bootcamp and bar method class

This morning's workout with Basic Training was mostly targeting the legs. Michael was our instructor, we ran to the little Marina Green carrying a medicine ball and did squats, lunges, shuffle runs, wall jumps, suicide runs, push ups, pull ups, tricep dips and crunches, the full program :) I felt strong and fit this morning, it was good to have a resting day yesterday. Except that I really don't like sprinting in the bumpy grass, I am always scared to twist my ankle again (because that's where I injured it the last time as well). There were quite many holes in the grass where we worked out. My ankle feels fine now but not quite as stable and strong as it was before last week's injury, so I was a little careful not always going 100% (especially if you run backwards not seeing where you ae going...). After this workout, my shirt was definitely covered in sweat, a good feeling at 7 am in the morning!

In the evening, I went to the Bar Method for another class with Julia. I didn't go the last 2 days and I seriously missed it! I really love this workout. What I like even better is the combination of bootcamp and bar method - at least for my body type and personality, they complement each other perfectly on every level. When I left class, I had this weird smile on my face...I don't think I usually smile when I walk back home, but today, I really couldn't get this smile out of my face. Surprisingly many people smiled back at me, probably thinking "what is wrong with this girl...?"...Nothing is wrong, I am simply happy and I love my life in San Francisco!

Tomorrow morning I won't go to Basic Training - Germany is playing (soccer world cup) at 4.30 am in the morning, I can't wait. Go Germany!!!

32 days down, 10 days to go! Heaven knows why but today I had no sugar cravings, yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment